May is national Bike month! It is a very busy month for all things bicycle. The National Bike Challenge’s – Rust Belt Battle is a friendly competition between Pittsburgh and our neighbor to the West – Cleveland. Our Aero Tech Design’s Cycling Team is working to support BikePgh. So, if you are getting in some miles, help us get the points. Sign up and log your miles to get points for Pittsburgh. The rules are to earn twenty points for riding each day, and one point for each mile traveled. The contest starts May 1 and end September 30, 2014
The Map My Ride app on will automatically synch with the National Bike Challenge website to load all miles to add to the point system. The app makes it easy to keep track of the miles. If you want to log your miles on behalf of the home team, sign up for the Rust Belt Battle, or, find your local team and add miles for points. Last year we won, so we would like to see a repeat for our burgh.
Here are the rules of the National Bike Challenge points system:
- Points are awarded throughout the Challenge and are cumulative over the duration. They are awarded in the following two ways:
- 20 Challenge points are awarded for each day you ride at least 1 mile
- 1 Challenge point is awarded for each mile ridden
- Rides can be logged or synched (MapMyRide, Moves, or Endomondo).
- Here is an example of my Scoreboard